You could write books on SQL Server reference and study material. Here are some of the ones I use.
Still and always one of the best places to find out things about SQL Server.
Probably some of the best free training out there. You can also check out their MCM Pre-Reading List. Be forward this stuff is somewhat advanced. Make sure you are at least somewhat familiar with the subject first or you could be watching the video over and over again before you gain much understanding. And some other web casts by SQL Skills.
More free training videos! SQLBits provides access to video’s of their past sessions.
I like practice tests. Probably one of my favorite study aids. I do the test, and then study whatever I got wrong. Not just the answer to the question, but the whole subject.
- Huge list of Microsoft books including almost 30 SQL Server books available to download in several formats.
- RedGate Books – Some of these have free PDF downloads available.
These can be a good place to read up on what kinds of problems other people had.
On the same vein as forums. There are hundreds out there. Here are a few I follow.
- Brent Ozar
- SQL Authority
- SQL Skills
- SQL Rockstar
- Adam Machanic
- The SQL Pro
This one is new to me but I’m enjoying it! Check out the SQL Pros new SQL Snacks!
- Microsoft Learning
- Of course Microsoft has a learning page for all it’s products. When I’m studying for a certification I find it’s very important to look at the skills tested for that exam.
- Microsoft also has the Microsoft Virtual Academy. This site has a number of different “courses” that include some very good free video’s on a variety of subjects.
- Not really study material but everyone needs a break.
- Lots of great training available. They even have some of my blog entries featured so you know their stuff is quality.
- Zilckh’s page on Microsoft’s virtual labs
- Zilckh lists a number of links for Microsoft virtual labs. I haven’t tried one yet but they look very useful!
- SqlServerCentral’s Stairways
- These are kind of a mini book made up of articles posted by one or two people.