I’m a firm believer that learning can be fun. Or at the very least you should have a break from the work every now and again. So here are a few things you can do to break up the monotony.
My all time favorite: Who’s on call
My board game: The blame game
Crossword (and other) Puzzles
- A General SQL Server Crossword
- SSC Word Search – Hints
- SSC SQL Crossword – Best Practices
- IDERA Crossword Day
- SSC Word Scramble – DMOs
- SSC SQL Crossword – General 06
- SSC SQL Crossword – HA HA HA
- SSC SQL Crossword – Delightful Database Diversion
- SSC SQL Crossword – SQL Server Security
- SSC SQL Crossword – SELECT Keywords
- SSC SQL Crossword – General 01
- T-SQL Keywords
- SQL Studies 02
- SQL Studies 01
Fun that you can learn from
- Making music with Powershell
- SQL Puzzle Word Scrambler
- Prime Numbers puzzle
- Help! My query is too fast!
- HAL0003: Don’t touch that!
- HAL0002: Tales of a DBA fed up with NOLOCK Part 1
- Tales of a DBA fed up with NOLOCK part II
- HAL0001: T-SQL Tuesday 53: Why so serious
- Why is there a sysobjects when we already have sys.objects?
- Keep your head down.
- A look back from the future. – TSQL Tuesday #100
- A day in the life of a Sr DBA or Developer
- Hobbies, stress relief, and meeting management: T-SQL Tuesday #99
- The ghost of management studio
- You might be a DBA if
- DBA Dice
- Twas 445 Friday
- Emoji’s in SQL Server
- Hidden Code in AdventureWorks
- Microsoft buys the dictionary
- The 12 days after release