October 2, 2017 by Kenneth Fisher
I decided that for Halloween this year it would be fun to tell SQL ghost stories. When I tweeted about it I got a fair amount of positive response so I thought I would make it a party and lay down a few rules.
- Ghost stories, the type you would tell around a camp fire. But SQL related.
- The stories can be real or made up.
- Again, ghost stories, not stories of an obnoxious situation. So “I had a problem & it mysteriously fixed itself” good. “I had a problem and had to spend 24 hours fixing it, it was a real pain” may be a great story, but maybe doesn’t fit this group.
- Post your story between Oct 25th and Oct 30th.
- You can post your story as
- A blog
- Short set of tweets (like 2 or 3)
- Or if it’s too long to tweet and you don’t don’t have a blog but you really want to share you can email it to me and I’ll post it for you.
- Either link your blog post here or tweet about it and include the hash tag #HauntedSQL.
- I’ll try to get a compiled list out on the 31st (although if I get a good turn out it may be a bit later).