March 12, 2019 by Kenneth Fisher
This month our intrepid host for T-SQL Tuesday is Shane O’Neill (b/t). He’s asked us to talk about our cookies. No not the kind you eat (Double Stuff Oreos and Thin Mints are the best of course) or even the kind that web sites use to store information. No, in this case, he is talking about things that you think about when you are down, tired, at your wit’s end. So here are some of mine. In no particular order, because to be honest it rather depends on why I need the cookie as to which one I think of.
- My wife.
- My kids
- Their birth.
- Any number of scholastic accomplishments.
- Various plays they have been in.
- Sometimes just a picture of them helps.
- sp_DBPermissions and sp_SrvPermissions
- My blog in general.
- Various blogging accomplishments (>650 posts, ~1.75 million views, blogging consistently for over 6.5 years now)
- My favorite post: Who’s on call.
- Incidents like this:
- Walking through Summit and my name being called every few minutes.
- Speaking(!) at Summit.
- Did I mention my wife?
- My friends Robert Davis (b/t) and Tom Roush (b/b/t) that passed away last year.
- Tom’s post: The Red Converse High Tops
- The time another friend of mine texted his wife “Boy, this guy’s a good speaker” (paraphrased).
- My job. Any number of times that I’ve been called in to troubleshoot and managed to solve the problem.