March 2, 2020 by Kenneth Fisher
A little while back we tried configuring the instance. Sometimes though, instance settings are a bit heavy handed, so this time round let’s try working with database scoped configurations.
- Start by figuring out how to set a database scoped configuration. Assuming you don’t already know of course.
- Review what the various options are. Go into detail on at least 5.
- Try a few out. Again at least 5.
- Take the database configurations you reviewed and see if you can match them up with server level configurations that do the same thing.
- See if you can be even more granular with the effects you are getting.
So for example once you’ve figured out the general command, take a look at MAXDOP. This is something you can set an instance level, database level and even at a query level.